Tuesday, June 19, 2012

No-Brainer

I haven't been as faithful as I would have liked to have been as far as my blogging is concerned, but I will try to be better :) Life around here has been good. I have kept busy with work and family and just well life I guess. I have been lucky enough to be surrounded by family and friends here in Washington. Last week I was able to finally see and hang with Kenz (one of my roommates at BYU, who was studying abroad.) It was so great to hear some of her adventures and stories about the cultures that she was able to experience. Talking with her was so great, in doing so I realized a few things that I want to truly work on this summer. Saying them now they seem like no-brainers but somehow they kind of just hit me. I have always known they were there, but I think that lately I have forgotten them, gotten caught up I life and things and just maybe didn't consider what I should be really doing. Anyways-- here are a couple of the things that I feel like I need to make a priority in my life:
  • Becoming confident in my body. I think of myself as a pretty confident person, in no way am I shy or bashful in sharing my thoughts and self with others. As a girl in today's society it is easy to fall into the mind set that you shouldn't be happy or confident unless you look a certain way and act a certain part. I do not struggle with acting any part, any of my friends can contest to that-- I am definitely my own person. I have to admit though, there are days that I do not feel pretty. I look in the mirror and don't see results from my running efforts, and feel as though somehow I have failed.
    • I want to be happy with myself in all ways. I want to look in the mirror and not feel like I somehow failed, mostly because I haven't! I have been working hard and have become more confident in my strength, as well as my beauty. my whole life I have always thought that everyone was beautiful in their own way. It is easy for me to look at others and see the beauty that they have, inside and out, but it is difficult for me to do that for myself. I need to work on this. I know that the happier I become with myself the easier it will be for me to make those around me feel beautiful and know how great they really are.
  • Taking my life by the reigns. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and His hand is present in my life always. As of late though, I kind of feel like I have been growing up and setting goals and having ideas but kind of have just sat around and waited to see what of all I wanted would work out for me.
    • I cant continue to just kind of wait to see if things will work out me, see how my life will turn out, I need to step it up and make things work out for me! I look around me and can see a number of people that have gotten to where they are by making decisions and sticking by them and being happy with their choice. I need to be confident in myself to make a sure decision about what I want to do with this part of my life. I am in control, and just need to pray to have the Lord by my side to be sure that what it is that I choose to do is right. 

Ok I am running out of blogging time today, but I hope that getting these goals out there and 'published' I will be able conquer them and as a results become a happier, more sure person.

Random thought of the day: I have the cutest Nieces ever :) I got to spend time with them this past Sunday at my mom's house. They are adorable. I want to share a picture with you so that you can see for yourself how cute they are. This is Andrea, she is 18 months and probably the cutest out there. She loves to take her hair out of pigtails and show off :) I am the luckiest girl ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment