Sunday, May 27, 2012

Badger Mountain, Baby Shower, Dinner Date

The title pretty much sums up my weekend.. well it was definitely  more exciting and great but you understand. I was so happy last week when I saw that I finally got a Saturday off (which hardly ever happens unless I request the day off.) I didn't have anything planned at all but it turned out to really be great.

Saturday morning I got up from bed, and read my scriptures as usual then woke up my siblings (who came to stay for the weekend) and my father. I did this because I didnt want them to sleep in too long and stay up too late that night (kind of selfish but I think it was in their best interest too.) Anyways, as I was considering how far i wanted to run that morning I realized I hadn't taken a day off from working out this week. YAY! Day off from work and working out right? I was instead inspired to invite my family to go and hike badger mountain with me! All but one of my little sister came with me, as well as my dad. My sister Liz and I are the only one that have done the hike before so It was fun to see how my dad and Travis did. It was really fun and a good chance for us to get out of the apartment and talk/ visit and just have a little fun-- and guess what! It didn't cost any money :) (well other than gas) It was fantastic. I am very happy we were blessed with the opportunity.

After hiking we came home and I washed all of the dirt off of me and went to a friends baby shower. it was great to see her as well as others. It was a neat experience, and one of the first that I have been to for friends and I am sure will not be the last :) I wrote more about it in my roommate blog (theelitethree.blogspot.com) if you are interested in more details about my baby shower experience ;)

As my family and I were coming back from Badger My very best friend in the whole world called me and asked my father if he could have permission to take me out on a date-- of course my dad didn't mind, he actually thought that him asking was kind of silly. On the other hand I thought it to be adorable and was so excited! Finally I had a reason, other than going to church, to out some thought into what I was going to wear and some makeup on my face. It definitely put a smile on my face :) But that was just the beginning of the smiles. He took me out to a nice dinner, we walked around the mall a bit did a little shopping, then went to go and watch a movie (best part was the cuddling!! hehe) It was a great night, as it ended I had a hard time saying goodbye, just as I always do but it's always comforting to know that because I am his girlfriend I will get to see him sometime soon! I am so ready! haha

Random Thought follow up: I haven't seen my friend yet or talked with him but I feel like I just need to show that i truly am his friend and that he has no reason to stop pushing for what he truly wants and deserves-- none of us do :)

Random thought: I am blessed I am so grateful for all that I have been given in this life and continue to receive. I hope that every day of the rest of my life I do not forget to thank the one that has given me all that I have.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to get in contact with you without facebook! Other than texting, but I can't very easily send you a link by text :P http://memecollection.tumblr.com/post/23838751062 That's all (: Love you!

    ReplyDelete