Monday, July 9, 2012

Lazy=Yesterday, Ambitious=Today

On my roommate Blog my friend recently posted a little bit on how she misses her old self, her motivated and driven self. As I read her post I found that I could relate to it much easier than I'd like to admit. I find that I sometimes feel as though I have nothing to push forward to either, no ambition to get off my lazy behind and getting going on some days. Today is the day that I leave that Chelsea behind.
Since my last post a something has occurred in my anything-but-typical life. First of all I have started on my Mission papers. I am going to serve a mission for my church! It makes me very excited to think that I can be a power and a force for good in a place somewhere out there that the Lords see's the need for me to be. Want to know more about what a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? click on the following link: http://www.lds.org/service/missionary-service?lang=eng 
Anywho, so yes, I have taken some initiative and moved my life in some sort of direction. In fact, in a direction that I believe will be quite rewarding :) I am very excited and plan on keeping my blog updated on whatever turns my life takes next. Today I am sitting down and redefining some goals that I have for myself. They are personal but I know that they will benefit all that I come in contact with. Physical, spiritual, and mental goals that I feel will help me jump up out of this rut and take charge of my life. I have always known I am an independent person, and I can feel it full force while I am in Utah away from home and surrounded by competition and a fast paced lifestyle. Here in Washington I want to feel that same ambition and compete against myself to become stronger and closer to the woman that I want to be :)
Random thought: today I am thinking of cutting my hair. I have been trying to grow it out the last 8 months, since cutting 10 inches off. I dont want to cut my hair short, just give it some life, maybe a few layers, something fun to keep my hair exciting as I continue to grow it out. We shall see, I am a little nervous because my main goal is to just get my long hair back-- I don't want that to be ruined by someone cutting it shorter than I ask. Ah we shall see... Wish me luck! haha

2 comments:

  1. seems like we are all going through this. we will all get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Amen. Mike and I had a conversation about the same thing last week. (:

    ReplyDelete